As in our previous post about photos from the 43rd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage, we are also quite late with publishing photos from the 2012 Manzanar At Dusk program, on April 28, 2012.
Held a few hours after the traditional afternoon Manzanar Pilgrimage program, Manzanar At Dusk is an interactive, intergenerational program where people of all ages and backgrounds come together to share their stories about what they learned and experienced earlier in the day at the Manzanar Pilgrimage. More important, participants have the opportunity to learn from those who were incarcerated in one of the ten American concentration camps, or other confinement sites, during World War II.
Those who may be unfamiliar with the Manzanar At Dusk program can learn more about it from the following stories:
- 2012 Manzanar Pilgrimage/Manzanar At Dusk: Passing Down The Importance
- 41st Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage Highlights the Unfinished Business of the Civil Rights Struggle
- 41st Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage: A Letter To Obaa-chan
- 41st Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage: Reflecting and Revisiting Living History
- Connections And Common Bonds Are Key At Manzanar At Dusk Program
- Students Taking Leadership Role In 2011 Manzanar At Dusk Program
- 42nd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage/Manzanar At Dusk 2011 – A Personal Reflection
- 42nd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage/2011 Manzanar At Dusk: Keeping The Manzanar Story Alive
- 42nd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage: Everyone Has A Story To Tell, But Not Everyone Has A Chance To Tell Their Story
- 42nd Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage: The Passage of Time;
The following photos, primarily of the small group discussions, have been available for viewing on our Facebook page since right after the event, and now, you can view them as a slide show, or as a gallery, below.
LEAD PHOTO: A small group discussion at the 2012 Manzanar At Dusk program, April 28, 2012, at Lone Pine High School, in Lone Pine, California. Photo: Gann Matsuda/Manzanar Committee.
2012 Manzanar At Dusk
155 photos; © 2012 Gann Matsuda/Manzanar Committee. All rights reserved. Duplication/reproduction/distribution prohibited without explicit permission. Click on any thumbnail to view a larger image
The Manzanar Committee’s Official web site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Manzanar Committee Official web site – Licensing and Copyright Information.