The following is an announcement from the National Park Service and the Northwest Youth Corporation.
The National Park Service, in conjunction with the Northwest Youth Corporation, is seeking applicants for a summer intern position at the Manzanar National Historic Site in California’s Owens Valley.
The Visitor Services Intern greets visitors on-site, orients the visitor to the site/area resources and stories. The intern might provide informal and formal programs to visitors, and assist with special events. The intern provides professional, courteous, and efficient services, useful and helpful information to park staff, visitors and other volunteers. The intern may also assist with other projects such as historical research and other projects.
The duties will include:
- Providing visitors with information and stories about Manzanar’s layers of history.
- Seeking out answers to visitor questions by utilizing National Park employees, written materials, photographs, oral history
- interviews, former incarcerees, websites, etc.
- Roving site and answers visitor questions.
- Assisting with tracking and stocking publications and brochures.
- Assisting with Interpretive duties as assigned.
- Supporting Manzanar’s programs and projects as needed.
- Assisting with planning and review of publications, exhibits, etc. as needed.
The intern will work with National Park Service staff and Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association employees.
Click on the link below for more infomation:
Click below to apply:
LEAD PHOTO: The Visitor Center at Manzanar National Historic Site with the snow-capped Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains in the background. Photo: Gann Matsuda/Manzanar Committee.
The Manzanar Committee’s Official web site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Manzanar Committee Official web site – Licensing and Copyright Information.
Please post your comment on this story below